Roberto Furukawa Fakuda
Professor - Researcher
Researcher / Teacher / Entrepreneur. Mechatronic Engineer from UNI and Master in Mechatronics from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP). Master in Biochemistry and Physics. He is currently doing a doctorate in medicine (MD) at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH). He has developed nanorobots in Japan (2008-2009) and Peru (2012-2013) applied to medicine and biology. Teacher in undergraduate and graduate of Mechanics, Electronics, Mechatronics and Medicine. Consultant in industrial companies and national centers of excellence. Researcher in the laboratories of biomechanics, bioinformatics, bionanomaterials, singular molecules and genetic epidemiology; of which he has been a member of the team for the Best Scientist, Academic Innovator, Scientific Production and best world chapter IEEE Robotics & Automation Society award in 2014.
- Part time Professor - Department of Bioengineering
- Singular molecules
- Genetic epidemiology
- Fundaments of Bioengineering: This course gives a global view of Bioengineering as a career. The components of biomedical and biotechnology are analyzed with the vision of the engineering cycle; in each process. We will study the global scope and the problems that exist at the local and regional level where Bioengineering has been developed and where it is an opportunity for a solution.
- Interdisciplinary projects: The course, of a theoretical-practical nature, is designed for students to deepen their knowledge of the main methods and practices of solution design. The course consists of three modules: - The use of modern tools for rapid prototyping. - The analysis and understanding of systemic relationships. - The management of innovation and entrepreneurship for decision-making.
- A novel inexpensive electrochemical sensor for pyrazinoic acid as a potential tool for the identification of pyrazinamide-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Link
- Quadcopter design for medicine transportation in the Peruvian amazon rainforest. Link
- Potentiometric method for resistances measurement of pyrazinamide in mycobacterium tuberculosis. Link
- Experimental study and model of the physical chemical properties of liposome under ultrasonic irradiation. Link